Rassadina Tat'yana Anatol'evna, Doctor of sociological sciences, professor, sub-department of public relations and advertising, Ulyanovsk State University (42 L.Tolstogo street, Ulyanovsk, Russia), email@example.com
Background. The subject of the research is social well-being of Russians as an integral phenomenon reflecting the condition of social consciousness and mood of Russians. The aim is to analyze the modern condition of social well-being of Russians, to evaluate it, to single out the key factors conditioning it, to show the interconnection of the latter.
Materials and methods. The methodological basis of the research included the traditional principles, approaches to research such as the principle of interconnection and interaction of social factors and processes; the method of formal-logical analysis of notions; the secondary analysis of sociological data.
Results. The article shows the special dependence of social well-being of modern Russians on evaluation of their own material security. At the same time, the influence of this factor is aggravated by psychological, social and cultural features of people. The author points out the importance of mechanisms of reflection and social comparison, status and role positions, features of social identity, mentality and values of population as factors conditioning social well-being. The problem of social well-being is of subject, scientific-theoretical and applied nature. Thus, the investment rating of Russia’s regions, traditionally including economic indicators, should be supplemented by social indicators, including the evaluation of population’s social well-being. One of the causes of difficulties on the process of modernization is insufficient skills of managers to take into account social-psychological and spiritual condition of population and to influence its formation. The purpose of sociology seems notonly in the practical sphere (to study in order to change). It has an important role as a diagnostician which reveals trends, describes, analyzes, explains positive and negative social processes. To reflect on social processes and conditions, intermediate results, motion vectors is as important as to suggest ways to solve problems. Social well-being is considered as an indicator of correspondence of a modernization project to the needs and interests of Russians.
social well-being, modernization, social condition, general integral satisfaction, factors of social well-being.
1. Ozhegov S. I. Slovar' russkogo yazyka [Russian language dictionary]. Moscow, 1960.
2. Orlova L. A. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya [Sociological research]. 1998, no. 8, pp. 88–94.
3. Davydova E. V. Izmerenie sotsial'nogo samochuvstviya molodezhi [Measurement of youth social well-being]. Moscow: In-t sotsiologii RAN, 1992.
4. Petrova L. E. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya [Sociological research]. 2000, no. 12, pp. 50–55.
5. Toshchenko Zh. T., Kharchenko S. V. Sotsial'noe nastroenie [Social mood]. Moscow: Academia, 1996, 195 p.
6. Krupets Ya. N. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya [Sociological research]. 2003, no. 4, pp. 143–144.
7. Sotsial'noe samochuvstvie naseleniya v usloviyakh reform: regional'nyy aspekt [Social well-being of population in condition of reforms: regional aspect]. Ed. by M. K. Gorshkov. Moscow; Saint Petersburg: Nestor-Istoriya, 2011, 176 p.
8. Tikhonova N. E. Obshchestvennye nauki i sovremennost' [Social sciences and modern times]. 2008, no. 2, pp. 5–23.